Sunday, October 16, 2011

About auto- ethnography

    First of fall, this is the first time I heard the word auto- ethnography. At the beginning, I was kind of confused about the meaning of auto- ethnography, when I read the “the composing processes of unskilled college writers" by Sondre Perl and other students essays, I finally understand the meaning of auto- ethnography. I realized the auto- ethnography is a research where writer explore his or her own experience on a particular subject and analyze by logically. In the article, “the composing processes of unskilled writers” by Sandra Perl, explains her research on how unskilled and willingness writers are writing their own paper. She used a different method to study this project. At the end of the research, she found unskilled writers have made many common mistakes and these mistakes are not that difficult to learn and correct by themselves. If teachers give them a suitable topic that students had already experienced, they can write better than previous writing. Another thing from her study that an unskilled writer uses bad strategies to analysis their writing also she points the problem of the unskilled writers.  Having read this article and other two students sample essay, I got a lot of information about how to write an auto - ethnography. If I get a chance to write this type of essay, first I have to choose a topic that I had already experienced, so that I can research more effectively. Another thing, I have to understand the audience opinion too, so that it is easy for me to get the data. I will make several relative, questions and ask the audience, which helps me to collect the data.

No comments:

Post a Comment